MFI Systems 5500 Series is a fast drying enamel with very good hardness and flexibility. It has high film build for added surface protection. MFI 5500 Series has excellent adhesion to clean and sanded bare steel, but for optimum performance apply over primed or pre-painted surfaces. It can be used as a single-component, quick drying enamel or mixed with MFl-500 High Solids Activator to enhance performance properties.
- Excellent film build capability
- Fast drying for quick turnaround
- Excellent chemical & abrasion resistance
- Very good hardness & flexibility
- Available in a wide range of colors and gloss levels
- MFI 500 Series DTM Enamel Primers
- MFI-590 Epoxy Sealers
- MFI-580 1K DTM Primers
- 2k Urethane Primers
- MFI Epoxy Max Epoxy Primers
- Self-Etch Primers
- 5 Parts: MFl-5300 Series 3.5 V.O.C. High Solids Polyurethane Paint
- 1 Part: MFI-500 High Solids Activator
- 3 Part: MFI 400 Series Zero V.O.C. Reducers
- NOTE: 5300 Series can be mixed up to 15:1. Do not over catalyze or paint will not cure.
- Do not apply at temperatures below 50°F
- Higher gloss will result if force dried.
- Paint film is not fully cured for 7 days.
- Excess film thickness will retard dry times and affect the recoat window.
- In-Service Temperature: 200 °F
- Not recommended for use on galvanized, galvaneal or zinc rich surfaces.
|Air-dry (assumes 77°F & 50% Relative Humidty||Bake / Force Cure|
|To Touch: 20-30 min.||Purge Time: 10 min. (ambient)|
|To Handle: 1.5-2 hrs.||Substrate Temp: 140°F (60°C)|
|To Recoat: <6 hrs. (After 72 hours, sand with 320 grit)||Bake Time: 20 min.|
Physical Properties (Blended 5:1)
- Weight per gallon: 8.3 ± 2.0 lbs./gal.
- Weight Solids (%): 55.2 ± 6.0
- Volume Solids (%): 32.0 ± 3.0
- Coverage (@1mil, no loss): 51 O – 606 sq. ft./gal.
- Gloss @ 60° Angle: 10 – 90
- Pencil Hardness: HB – H
- Humidity Resistance: Good @ 100 Hrs.
- Salt Spray Resistance: Good @ 200 Hrs.
- Chemical Resistance: Good